To our valued clients,
Your health and safety is our top priority. We would like to share with you a summary of the guidelines and best practices that we have implemented due to COVID-19 per Massachusetts safety standards. Please note that many of the required hygiene and cleaning protocols were already in place at Jay Christopher’s prior to COVID-19. This post is not all inclusive but a summary of the measures we are taking to re-open. We look forward to seeing all of our current clients and we continue to welcome new clients!
· The salon is a large and extremely well ventilated area.
· Face coverings or masks are required for all staff and clients.
· Physical partitions have been installed at the front desk area; ensuring social distancing.
· Our work stations have always been spaced out and we will continue to use the two far end stations. *This is more than 2 times the recommended distance*
· We are limiting the waiting area to 2 people at a time or one family. We have room for more per the 6 ft. guidelines but feel it is best for now to limit the waiting area to 2 people.
· You are also welcome to wait in your car. Let us know what will work best for you.
· Only one stylist and one client will be in the shampoo area at one time.
· Only one person will be under the dryer at one time maintaining a 6 feet distance from shampoo area.
· Robust Hygiene and cleaning protocols are in place.
· Stylists and clients have easy access to soap and water for hand washing and approved hand sanitizer is available in each area of the salon.
· Stylists have adequate cleaning supplies.
· Glove changing and handwashing is required before and after each client and in between when needed.
· Our stylists do not share tools or supplies.
· Tools are disinfected before and after each client.
· Clean capes for each client.
· Visible signage throughout the salon, reminding stylists and clients on hygiene and safety protocols. A binder is kept on site with our plan.
· If you are sick, please call and reschedule your appointment.
· Stylists will stay home if not feeling well.
· At this time, we are limited to providing hair services only.
· There will never be more than the acceptable number of people in the salon.
· Please call ahead to schedule your appointment by phone or schedule on-line.
· We will maintain a log of staff and clients to support contact racing if needed.
· We have removed non-essential amenities
· We have posted notices to workers and clients of important health information and relevant safety measures as outlined in government guidelines.
· The salon and restrooms are cleaned and disinfected once daily or more if indicated.
· High touch surfaces areas are cleaned and disinfected more often.
· A log will be kept outlining date/time and area cleaned.
· Tools are disinfected in between clients; chairs, stations, shampoo bowls, shears, combs, brushes and styling tools etc.
· In the event of a known positive case of COVID-19 we will shut down for a deep cleaning and disinfecting of the salon in accordance with current CDC guidelines.